In mid 2013 a redesign of Yahoo Local Search to set out to modernize, become more engaging, and get to results quicker, while balancing monetization needs. Local Search made up 40% of all queries and was by far the largest segment that drove the most revenue. Over my 2 years, I made a visible difference in the presentation and performance using live data, user studies, and rapid iteration.
This redesign includes:
- New simpler listing format
- Right rail to show additional information
- Wiki infö for chain stores
- Full bleed map on local results
- More results and more filters SRP
- Consistency between local DD and local SRP
With best of breed content providers like Yelp, Twitter, Foursquare and later with task oriented partnerships like OpenTable, MindBody, PingUp. we created a deeper connection for users with search.
developed a deep integration with maps.