Yahoo Local Search to set out to modernize the overall user experience. I collaborated with a core team to streamline the content while optimizing for monetization. To this day, Local Search generates the most revenue as it makes up 40% of all queries and was by far the largest segment of Yahoo Search. In my two years as UX Designer I moved the needle by using live data and user studies that lead to a boost in user satisfaction.
This redesign includes:
- A cleaner display that included best of the web content partners like Yelp, Twitter, Foursquare, OpenTable, etc.
- The introduction of Yelp! and TripAdvisor (These were big wins!)
- Modern UI features that used overlays and the Z-axis.
- Edge to edge usage of the browser window for maps on local results
- More results and more filters SRP
- Consistency between local DD and local SRP